If your employees are distracted in the workplace, there’s a good chance it’s due to relationship problems at home, according to a study by ComPsych Corporation.
The study asked employees what their biggest distraction is at work, to which 22% cited personal relationship issues.
“Relationship problems continue to be a top reason for calls to ComPsych,” said Dr. Richard A. Chaifetz, Chairman and CEO of ComPsych. “These issues, when they happen, can occupy a significant amount of a person’s time and attention, making it very difficult to focus at work.
Other responses included:
- challenges with work relationships — 16%
- financial/legal problems — 15%
- child-related or caregiving issues — 11%
- personal health problems — 6%
- personal communications (cell phone, e-mail/instant messenger, social media) — 4%
- other — 7%
Staff | June 15, 2012